Smooth, sexy legs can be a major asset. Here’s how you can get started
For removing hair, women opt for waxing, which is the most common technique. However, you can also look at shaving, which is not only quicker, but also fairly light on the pocket. Some women, in fact, are also turning towards laser techniques for a permanent solution. Here are some tips and tricks for waxing and shaving to make sure you do it the right way.
- While waxing your legs, make sure the wax is not old. Check the expiry date on the container before you use it.
- Wax strips should always be disposable. Avoid using cloth strips. Also, wax shouldn’t be too hot as it may damage your skin.
- For some, who prefer to shave, the basic mantra to start off is to wet your skin so that it becomes a little moist. Shaving on dry skin can be dangerous since the surface will not be smooth and soft.
- An interesting fact for the ladies is that shaving creams for men and women are the same. While the ones for women are expensive, you can try out the one for men since both have the same ingredients.
- Finding the perfect razor can be a task. Ask your friends to recommend razors with lubricated strips, pivoting heads and spring-mounted multiple blades.
- Make sure that you change your blade and cartridges on a regular basis, dull blades can lead to nicks and cuts, which can in turn lead to infection.
- Do remember to use an exfoliator before shaving so that the pores are cleaned and does not lead to clogging of the razor blade to avoid a close shave.
- Avoid ingrown hair by exfoliating daily and using a glycolic acid body lotion. Never forget to apply a good moisturiser after you shave your legs.